In many regions around the world, burning agarwood is a beautiful and significant tradition. Although agarwood burning is quite popular these days, not everyone knows how to do it properly. Agarwood for burning comes in a variety of forms, each with its own set of applications. If you don’t know how to utilize agarwood properly, you won’t get the most out of it.
1. Agarwood burning culture
Agarwood includes a variety of aromatic resins as well as essential oils that are beneficial to the user’s health. Agarwood has been a valuable contribution to the rulers in the majestic royal court from ancient times. Many people still see it as a unique and unusual object today.
Agarwood burning aroma has a powerful effect, evoking feelings of relaxation and comfort in the user. It not only helps to harmonize spirituality in the living and working spaces, but it also has significant health benefits.
1.1 Benefits for health
- Enhance sleep quality: The scent of burning agarwood produces natural sedative active substances, helping you to improve the quality of sleep every day.
- Retard ageing problems: Due to its high concentration of powerful antioxidants combined with anti-inflammatory properties, agarwood can help your skin fight acne-causing bacteria. Besides, it also contributes to brightening the skin, protecting the skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays, and slowing down the aging process.
- Good for the digestive system: Researchers have shown that agarwood is a medicine with laxative, diuretic, and limiting digestive problems.
- Air conditioning: Regularly burning agarwood will help you improve the quality of your fresh and pleasant living and working space.
1.2 The effect of burning incense on spirituality
The reason that burning incense becomes a cultural beauty in the Tet holiday as well as in daily life is because it contains its own meanings about spirituality for the owner.
Agarwood is considered as a precious item converging the quintessence of heaven and earth.
Therefore, burning agarwood in the house on every occasion of worship and Tet holiday has the effect of dispelling evil spirits and attracting prosperity.
You should burn incense periodically and regularly. Especially on important occasions when housewarming, opening, changing office or moving house or opening a store or office to attract good energies and increase fortune and luck.
2. How to burn agarwood in right way ?
2.1 Agarwood piece burning
You can use the form of steaming with coal or with an electric oven.
- Step 1: Burn a lump of activated charcoal until it becomes red
- Step 2: Place the burned charcoal into an incense burner
- Step 3: Place 1-2 pieces of Agarwood on the charcoal with a tong.
- Step 4: When the Agarwood piece has burned down, add another Agarwood piece to keep the aroma spreading slowly into the air.
2.2 Agarwood powder burning
You can directly burn agarwood powder or by an electric burner.
Direct burning requires you to have a bass player. This set includes a copper urn and tools such as a bass shovel, a powder leveling shovel, a brush, a bud mold, and a shaping mold.
After shaping, you only need to light one end to burn the agarwood powder to gradually burn and enjoy the spreading fragrance.